Career Opportunities to Make a Difference
We seek a dynamic and enthusiastic instructor to lead the Career Readiness Launchpad course with the expertise and passion for creating an engaging and informative learning experience for young adults. As the instructor, you will be responsible for designing and delivering lessons that help participants develop the essential skills and knowledge required for success in their future careers. A crucial aspect of your role will be guiding participants in identifying their strengths, interests, and values and leveraging these to explore potential career options.
- Teach and facilitate the Career Readiness program, an 8-week course designed to help young adults prepare for their future careers.
- Design and deliver lessons and learning activities to meet the course objectives and outcomes.
- Use various teaching methods and materials to engage participants and ensure effective learning.
- Provide feedback and support to participants, including reviewing resumes, giving constructive criticism, and offering guidance on career exploration and job search strategies.
- Manage classroom logistics, including attendance, grading, and scheduling.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, career counseling, or a related field.
- At least two years of teaching or coaching experience, preferably in career counseling or job readiness training.
- Strong knowledge of job search strategies and career exploration tools. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other instructors and program staff.
- Familiarity with learning management systems and online tools for education and training.
- Passion for helping young adults succeed in their careers.
Overall, the instructor should have the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively teach and support young adults in their career development and job search process while creating an engaging learning environment.
Location: The courses will be held at Thrive Center in Bonanjo Messa Presse in Douala
At Striving For All, we value diversity, equity and inclusion, recognizing that they are essential to the success of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels welcome and celebrated and where discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status has no place.