Career Opportunities to Make a Difference
Robotics and Engineering Instructor
We seek an enthusiastic and knowledgeable instructor to teach Robotics and Engineering for Kids course. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering engaging and informative lessons that help students gain an introduction to robotics and engineering concepts, discover various types of robots and their functions, understand basic engineering principles, and develop building and programming skills to create and control robots. The instructor will guide the students to apply these skills to complete a project, improving their abilities through testing and iteration.
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that cover the course outline, including an introduction to robotics and engineering, building robots, programming robots, testing and iterating, and working on a project of their choice.
- Provide guidance and assistance to students during robot building and programming.
- Evaluate student progress and provide feedback to help students improve their abilities.
- Foster a positive and supportive learning environment that encourages creativity and problem-solving.
- Ensure all materials and equipment are ready and in good working condition for each lesson.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in robotics, engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in teaching or instructing children in robotics or engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with building and programming robots using remote controls and apps.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with children and inspire them to pursue STEM-related fields.
- Ability to create engaging and informative lesson plans that cater to different learning styles.
- Availability to teach the 8-week course and attend training sessions as required.
This is a part-time, 8-week position. If you have a passion for teaching and want to impact the lives of young adults in Cameroon positively, we encourage you to apply.
Location: Striving For All Thrive Center, Bonanjo Messa Presse, Douala, Cameroon.
At Striving For All, we value diversity and inclusion, recognizing that they are essential to the success of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels welcome and celebrated and where discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status has no place.
Striving For All
Telephone: (415) 644-8704